1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Sandman

Sandman Member

Up.

Appointment viewing for me and the Mrs. tonight.

Saw this on NYMag.com today -- it catches you up on what everyone from previous shows are doing now. http://nymag.com/daily/food/2008/11/top_chef_where_are_they_now.html

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Sweet, nice find.

I think when I win the lottery, I want to travel around and visit some of the restaurants the former contestants have opened. I have a feeling Betty's restaurant would be my favorite, sounded/looked like she cooked my kind of food.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This too, about Tom and Padma. Relieved to know she puts on 10-15 lbs every season.

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2008/11/more_from_tom_and_padma_guest.html

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'll be watching! Someday I'd like to go to one of Tom's restaurants. Has anyone been?

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I hope that during the show they don't use the song that's been in the promos, with the refrain "The city is at war. I watch a lot of Bravo and I am sick of it!

6. Sandman

Sandman Member

I'm lucky enough to have eaten at both Craft and Craft Steak in Manhattan. The same things Tom preaches on Top Chef -- simple flavors, simple foods -- are on full display at both restaurants, especially Craft. The menu is straightforward -- each dish is described in 2-4 words and that's it. E.g. First course -- Porchetta. Salad -- Mizuna and Truffle. Main course -- Ossabaw Rack of Pork. The waiters do a really good job of answering questions and explaining dishes if you ask. And the flavors were all so perfect. I ate at Craft after I watched Season 4, so I'm interested to listen to Tom's comments now that I know where he's coming from.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Can we talk about the Atlanta Housewives for a minute? In your life, have you ever known such horrific people?

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Oh.My.God. They are nightmares. It's a complete trainwreck.

How did you know I watched that? ;-)

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you watch a lot of Bravo, you don't have a choice. 8)

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I hate Jeff already.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

With the hair?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes. With the people who check it for him.

I do, however, love Patrick.

Draft saved Draft deleted