1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

OK, maybe Marcel/Foam Boy? :D

Casting call for next season

http://nymag.com/daily/food/2009/02/start_your_faux-hawks_now_top.html

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I thought I saw blood on the bandage, so I'm thinking major finger slicing.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Only if FoamBoy keeps bustin' out dem dope rhymes

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When I watch the show I have a hard time second guessing the judges' decisions because I didn't taste the food. If Tom says Jamie's stuff tasted so bad it was the only one to consider, how can I argue with that? I can guess which dish I'd like better, but it's just a guess.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I haven't seen today's yet.
    But Fabio has been consistently on the bottom. He's there for personality.
    Jamie has been in the top three many times. I don't find her very likeable, but she seems to be good.
    Leah is awful, and Hosea has gone from likeable to annoying.
    Stefan seems like an ass, but he's clearly the best cook.
    Goofy Carla has surprised me the past few weeks.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Um, wrong.

Fabio has been on the bottom ONCE, he's been in the top three five times.

Jamie has been on the bottom three times, counting her elimination. She's been in the top three five times and won twice.

Stefan and Fabio are the only chefs left who have been on the chopping block only once this season, and that was both for the Super Bowl episode. Stefan has been in the top three six times and won four times.

Stefan also has four quickfire wins, one more than Leah.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Damn, Leah's won three quickfires? How in the hell ... ?

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Hosea really has become annoying. If he's a seafood chef, how could he make the mistake of not letting the fish rest? He posted a message somewhere out on the blogs that his makeout session with Leah cost him his relationship with his girlfriend. Really? Jeez, I don't understand why..

Carla has moved up. I'm liking her a lot more than at first.

As far as keeping Leah around, she has a deal with the producers. Has to. Past doesn't matter they say, and last night I just think she should've been the one asked to leave.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I agree that Leah should be gone, and I think she'll get eliminated next week. But it's really weird when you go back and look at the whole season, she's only been on the bottom three twice and she's won three quickfires.

She's kind of overly dramatic, which is why I think people see her screwing up a lot. She gets flustered real easy and that makes for better TV than the calm, cool and collected chef. But when her food comes out, the judges haven't really had a ton of bad things to say about her dishes (other than the undercooked fish which put her in the bottom three that episode).

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Maybe I'm falling prey to the cult of Tom. I like his approach. He has such respect for the craft and she just doesn't have anywhere near that type of feeling it seems to me. The way she handled herself in the last episode bugged me.

I hope they come up with some challanges that take Stefan out of his comfort zone. If he's going to win, I want to see something other than stuff like the lobster dish.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Toby Young said on this week's BLOG! that if Stefan has a weakness, it's creativity. At the end, when it's creating a six-course menu from scratch, he's going to be hurt by this fault. If he and the other finalist(s) all do well, the one who was the most "out there" is going to win.
    Stefan, to win the finals, probably needs Fabio/Hosea to lay an egg and for Carla/Leah to just be OK.

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I still think he'll win. The others just don't seem to have the base of experince as a chef he has. Hosea is a seafood guy and he screwed up the (canned) crab salad and the fish. Fabio seems like he's made pasta a lot. I could very well be wrong on that. Can't remember if he's done any protein. Anyone know?

That said, I hope Fabio or Carla win. Carla's better than I thought she was at first.

Draft saved Draft deleted