1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

What a load of crap.

The decision, not the previous post.

Stefan nailed the easiest dish, and Carla goes away empty handed after she nailed hers?

Crap.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I thought Jamie was really good, but I will say this: Her behavior in the judging room was never that good. She had the defensive body stance always. And tonight, both she and Hosea admitted what they did wrong...but Hosea's was much more contrite.

Doesn't excuse Leah staying, but you know.

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I just read Tom's blog about this episode and he said Jamie was the only one they considered eliminating.

21's right. Leah cut a deal.

4. gretchd

gretchd Member

I am dumbfounded. Also, I hate Leah. And Hosea makes me want to smack him.

Seriously, I can't believe they kept Leah over Jamie.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Shit. I forgot I just watched last week's episode and not this week's! Noooooo, I got spoilers...! :(

Really? Jamie was my favorite (LOVE her). I like Stefan, too. Not Carla or Leah, though.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I know Jamie is a favorite on this board, but I'm glad to see her go. I haven't really cared for her from the start and never saw what made people think she was "Top Chef" material. She's been on the chopping block too many times to be "Top Chef" material, IMHO. The only week she won was when she did scallops (for the third time)

I must admit Carla has surprised me. I thought for sure she'd be gone by now, but she seems to have turned it around. I'm expecting Leah to go home next week.

Jamie getting the boot screws up my prediction of the Euros and Jamie in the finale, so I'll just throw Carla in there now. Like I said earlier, it may sound sexist, but I can't see Bravo allowing it to be an all-male showdown in the finals. It would just suck if Leah was that female representative in the finals.

I think Fabio and Stefan are pretty much locks for the finals. With the exception of the Super Bowl challenge, both have easily been the most consistent all season.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I agree that Jamie's body language at Judges' Table has not been good, but last season, Lisa's was worse, and she made it to the finale.

I'd have to go back and watch it again, but during the deliberations, one of the judges asked something like "is it worse to know you did something wrong but not know how to fix it (Jamie, Hosea) or to just not take the time to figure out how to do it in the first place (Leah)?" I guess they decided the former was worse.

I really don't like Leah. I don't think she belongs in the top 5 and the little girl pouty thing she does irks the hell out of me.

9. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Toby Young looks like Dwight from The Office. Saw that on one of the blogs, and I agree. Really wish Anthony B was there instead of Toby.

Did anyone catch what Fabio did to his hand in the previews? Burn? Break?

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

It looked Fabio's hand was in a kind of splint, so I'm thinking break.

11. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

The way this season is going, if he did break it and can't use it, they'll bring back Danny the Dolt to be his Sous Chef.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted