1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

"Producers' decision" often gets invoked when they want to keep on some type of tension or drama. Wasn't it suspicious that the diners' cards narrowly favored Leah's team, therefore saving her and Hosea? That's not coincidence, that's Bravo.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Happy to report that the Top Chef finale will be live in New Orleans this year. Pretty excited about this because since Season 1, I've been clamoring for a New Orleans Top Chef. If you've ever been to New Orleans, you'll know that it's alot like NYC in that there are so many different cultures that make up the cuisine of New Orleans and that area.

And those cultures don't mind borrowing from each other to come up with some interesting dishes.

I'm seriously thinking about accompanying our Features Editor down to NOLA to do a story on it when the Top Chef crew are in town.

Here's the link from Bravo:

http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/The_Dish/index.php?article=http://www.bravotv.com/blog/thedish/2009/01/top_chef_finale_secrets_revealed.php

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

No surprise the favored chef loses when he picks the Cowboys-inspired ingredients. Fans can't even win on cooking shows :D

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The guest judge was a dick to Fabio.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is very stressful.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Okay, I am fine with this tonight. Inevitable.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Why do I think the producers had something to do with that decision?

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Jeff going out didn't bother me because he's been there lots of times and he always overdoes it. If he'd learned to simplify his stuff he might've won.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm fine with Jeff going, but the judges seemed much harsher to Fabio. And convenient that there were 3 losers, no?

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

As well, I'm OK with the decision. As much as I ripped her last week, it was good to see Carla win (and SB tix. SCORE!).

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Jeff was going to go. He, Leah and Carla are the next three out, in some order.

12. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with that Appgrad. I'm a little surprised that Jeff went this early, but it was inevitable. He wasn't going to make it to the finals. Fabio got a reprieve tonight and will probably cook his ass off now.

I would have been pissed if Fabio had been the one to go because he did at least get the fans' vote to help his team win. Stefan and Jeff both got blanked.

Draft saved Draft deleted