1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 12, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I can't wait to see what flakey-crusted dessert Carla comes up with next week. And it will be filled with "love." ::)

2. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Watched Top Chef for the first time last night and can't believe that a chef whose main course got sent back by the judges didn't get booted off.

Maybe if wasn't attractive and/or trying to hook up with a fellow cast member, she would have.

3. Her and Leah are clearly on the chopping block. Carla is an interesting character ... I'm wondering if the judges are afraid to boot her and see if those crazy eyes turn the love into something much worse. She seems like a nice lady but I could see her just randomly going postal ...

4. kokane_muthashed

Yeah, sometimes she looks like a big, steaming pile of cuckoo.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the most recent episode yet (damn work, damn furloughs), but I'm looking forward to having the time to watch it. Restaurant Wars are easily my favorite challenge. I can't say I'm surprised to see Radhika go, I figured it would be either Leah, Carla or Radhika.

Next week will be either Leah or Carla, then the one that remains should last another week. Then we'll get down to the tough eliminations. Jeff seems to have righted the ship and could sneak into that final three, but I still maintain Stefan and Jaime are locks, with either Jeff, Fabio and Hosea taking that final spot (if they go back to doing the final three).

6. kokane_muthashed

My final 3: Stefan, Hosea, Jamie

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Really trying to figure out the whole Leah-Hosea makeout thing. The camera was where, on the roof across the street? But the audio is so close you can hear slurping??

And if you're on this show, with loved ones at home watching....don't make out. Duh.

Leah is trouble, I want her gone. Jeff and Carla too.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Jeff creeps me out.

I think they all have to be miked 24 hours a day for just that reason, so they can get the audio even without the video.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

The whole Josea-Leah thing will come back to bite Leah the most I think. It almost cost her on this challenge. No doubt she would've been gone if the other place was chosen.

10. Msaint

Msaint Member

Reminds me of yet another Fabio gem, a dig at Jamie's inevitable, one-dimensional, unimaginative protein choices: "Thees ees Top Chef, not Top Scallops."

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The biggest mistake was not picking Stefan. Inexcusable.
    Dude's an ass, but he can cook.
    Fabio's best line was with him running the front, they could serve monkey ass and an empty clam shell and still win.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I told the soon-to-be Mrs. Appgrad05 as soon as they picked teams that Radhika was going down. How you can take Carla and Jeff instead of Fabio and Stefan is beyond me. And, because she took Fabio, Leah had someone for Stefan to give his snooty European comments to.

Draft saved Draft deleted