1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef New Orleans

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Sep 28, 2013.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Season 11 begins Wednesday. 19 chefs are listed in the cast, and it looks as if the 20th spot will be decided in a Web-only series pitting 10 New Orleans chefs for the 20th spot. For those who care about such things, Janine Booth seems the top eye candy, and she's an Aussie. And Last Chance Kitchen is back.

2. dooley_womack1

And it looks as if Padma has poofed and curled her hair big time. Not sure how I feel about it.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That humidity can be a real pain.

4. dooley_womack1

The first episode was the usual fire drill where it's hard to really develop story lines. The cute Aussie gal who cooks in shorts will clearly be a big story line (thank God), as will the cocky hunk. Still trying to get used to Padma without straight hair. The main thing we all learned is "don't put ice in dashi!!!11!!"

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the first episode. I had been watching Padma's Picks (the side competition to determine the NOLA reps). Looking forward to this season and hoping they do a lot of stuff locally.

All I can say is I hope the Aussie chick does a lot of baking this year. Seeing her bend over to check things in the oven is a wonderful sight.

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I was hoping the fighter dude would go apeshit and clock a guest. Then take the beads.

7. dooley_womack1

His first defeat! BTW. the person doing the Top Chef recaps at Television Without Pity is excellent.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hmmmm. I didn't record Top Chef. I wonder why.

9. dooley_womack1

I'll take Cryptic Posts for $100, Alex.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nothing cryptic. Top Chef wasn't on my DVR. I don't know why it didn't record. I'm set to record the 8:30 a.m. Sunday showing. Just weird.

11. dooley_womack1

Oh, OK, I thought it was one of those "I wonnnderrr why" things.

12. dooley_womack1

Shocking that the big blond guy was eliminated; they were giving him about as much screen time as they were the hot Aussie. I thought for sure the woman who was up for elimination (and who was also up for elimination last week) was going to go; they scoffed at her admitting her tomatoes were subpar. And interestingly, Last Chance Kitchen will not start for a couple more weeks. So since we have essentially a double elimination next week (since they teased an elimination Quickfire), I guess that means LCK will start with five chefs taking on one another.

Draft saved Draft deleted