1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Now we need to get rid of Anydrogyny Girl. She is not a happy person.

Hubert Keller is the chef with the long hair, loved him on TC Masters.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

No, she's not happy. The tuxedo t-shirt she was wearing during the interviews was reason enough to get rid of her.

I think Mattin should start packing up.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I was just relieved they didn't show Mattin getting out of the hot tub in his wet red underpants. TMI, even for Bravo.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

How right you are.

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I didn't like Hector anyway.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I saw foam tonight.

They tried to call it "froth" but I know better.

Foam must die.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I knew it! I saw foam too! On the winning dish, right? Something red and foamy?

Does it seem like there are a few chefs who've had almost zero camera time?

8. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Damn near a perfect episode as far as I'm concerned. Got rid of the human pin-cushion. Only thing that would have made it perfect is if Androgynous Ashley had followed suit and had to pack her knives.

But I'm okay with Ector (damn silent H's). He seemed to be over his head at times, even though I enjoyed his accent.

I don't know if it's the editing this year, or if the same four or five chefs just keep kicking ass, but 21 is right. It seems there are a lot of chefs that don't a ton of face time.

I'm thinking next week either Androgynous Ashley or Haitian Ron goes home. I said this earlier, but it really seems like there's a big difference between the haves (Kevin, Jennifer, the Brothers) and the have nots (everyone eliminated so far, Ron, Ashley, nervous older lady).

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Is that the tall boy with the wavy hair who used to hang around with the little Indian boy with the brush cut?

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Have not the Fab Four (The Bros, Kevin and Jen) won everything thusfar? They're the only ones who can win IMO. A couple others (Big-Mouth Mike and Eli) have some chops (but interestingly enough they do their best in team/paired challenges with, wait for it, one or more of the Fab Four). The rest? Who cares. Nothing but woodwork.

I actually resented Tom saying at the dinner table in last night's episode something to the effect that in no other season could they have done that challenge this early. Complete hogwash, just utter bullshit. Each season had their three or four with solid food chops and like last night could have carried the average and mediocre cooks.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I think it was one of the brothers who brought the foam. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN MICHAEL!?

Maybe I'm wrong..

One of the things I've always wanted to see is one of the chefs vomit. Bravotv.com has granted my wish. The sound effects made it extra special

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/videos/its-mattins-birthday

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Was there any explanation as to where Padma was for the Quick Fire Elimination portion or did I miss that?

I have a hard time getting past Androgynous Ashley's looks. She is so manly and desperately needs an eyebrow wax.

But I digress.

The foam/froth discussion above is absolutely hilarious as I concur completely.

Draft saved Draft deleted