1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I think, unlike in year's past, there's a pretty wide gap between the haves and have nots on this season. Since day one, the same three or four have been at the bottom of quickfire and elimination challenges. I agree that the human pin cushion is probably next to go, then barring any disasters, Ron and Laurine should go next.

After that, it will be pretty cut-throat because I think the upper echelon of chefs are very good. It's going to be one of those last few weeks where you can't make a mistake. Right now, it appears the favorites are Jennifer and Kevin, with the Voltaggio boys not far behind.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

How many lip piercings does that one chef have? Why are they clustered like that? Didn't they get it right the first time? This isn't like stapling some papers together.

I thought the judges really let the shrimp salad guy have it. I so want him to make a foam dish.

3. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Kind of fun to see the chefs try to argue with the judges. Don't understand what they think they can accomplish. If the judges didn't like their food, arguing about it after the fact won't make them think it tasted any better.

The male who was both a winner and loser who was so pissed to be brought back with the losers is like the batter who argues with the ump on a questionable pitch call. Not going to get you anywhere this at bat and only likely to come back to haunt you the next time up too. He's probably a short-timer...thinks his food is a lot better than the judges do.

4. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

They really hammered Preeti for defending her dish, and other times they've hammered people for NOT standing by their dish. Not sure what they want.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Consistency has never been the hallmark of the Top Chef judges. They want you to defend your dish, until you do, then they don't. They tell you not to serve something you're not proud of, but if you leave something off the plate for that very reason, you get dinged. They want you to think out of the box and leave your comfort zone, and if you do, then why do something that isn't in your wheelhouse? They whine about someone trying to just get by every week just about, but when it comes down to the cut stage, it's almost always the person who fails most spectacularly that gets told to get to stepping.

I'd like to see a contestant lose their shit on the judges because of it. Well, not literally.

6. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I think Michael, the annoying guy, has great potential to do just that.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Is anyone watching tonight? I am sweating from the tension. These French judges, yikes.

8. Machine Head

I've decided to get some tattoos.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Who the heck's food does Tom spit out on next week's episode?

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That was one great preview.

This show needs more Tom and WAY less Padma.

Do you think the French judges just hate each other's guts?

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Your wish came true: lip ring girl got the axe.

12. Machine Head

I'd love for it to be Michael, but I'm guessing it's not.

Agree with 21 about Padma. Very tired of her.

Really like the one guest chef with the long hair. He was on Top Chef Masters.

Draft saved Draft deleted