1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Luster off the new season already?

So much for Eve being the favorite.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There are some crabby bitter people in this cast.

She doesn't want to cook for a wedding party because the law doesn't allow her to get married?

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Last night was a little better... I actually liked the quickfire, where a dice roll determined the number of ingredients you could use.

The militant lesbian angle was overplayed. Say it once, include it once in the editing... but no need for overkill.

And although I wouldn't make or eat it, I liked that they included how to make the winning quickfire recipe... That's a new touch.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

wake me up when the crappy ones get eliminated and the real show begins.
    i count six or seven people who will all be the next ones to go.
    the only one i'm having some doubts about is ripert's girl -- jennifer.
    it is top chef, not top ceviche.
    plus it was stupid to complain about boys vs. girls, would it have been better to have heteros vs. homos?

5. Inky_Wretch

I wonder if we'll have a repeat from her next week, since they'll be cooking for the military.

6. Inky_Wretch

Ceviche and scallops seem to be made every episode. I figure if somebody makes ceviche scallops or scallops ceviche, they'll automatically win.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

("Ees Top Chef, ees not Top Scallop!")

And foam. These people love foam.

About the marriage/militant gay theme....Bravo has a substantially gay audience.

8. Mira

Mira Member

Yep, 21 is right. Look at Andy Cohen and "Watch What Happens Live." He's openly gay. I didn't know the Jeff Lewis guy from "Flipping Out" was gay.

I'm not loving Top Chef too much right now. Too preductable. Eve, who was kicked off last night, was terrible. No personality and cooked like sh*t.

Jennifer cooks too much seafood. But then again, she works for Eric Ripert, so that's really no surprise. Let's see her cook some red meat.

I like Kevin and the brothers.

9. Inky_Wretch

Oh, I think everybody knows the Bravo audience skews that way.

But that Top Chef contestant making such a big deal out of cooking for a bachelor party was stupid. You're a chef. STFU and cook.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The complaints about the marriage and men-vs.-women elements were beyond silly.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Macaroon!

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/top-recipe?id=44556#selected

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

'There is several dfferent stiffness, we like it hard stiff! That is just wrong in any way!'

Draft saved Draft deleted