1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I was surprised about Marcus winning though. He had a great food story, but no one seemed to like his last dish very much. I know he was trying to make a point, but if you don't like the taste of the food, how do you give him 5 stars? Or maybe it's just that I was rooting for Rick Moonan.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't think he'd win either, but I think they fuck with you in the editing to surprise/confuse you.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Top Chef Masters picked up once it was like the actual Top Chef, as opposed to them trying to qualify. They should just skip the qualifying rounds next year with the stars and have it be a straight-up competition like the normal Top Chef.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I think they have to do it this way so they don't take all these regular accomplished chefs out of their "day job" to be on the show for the full duration of a normal format.

And I liked the finale, actually. Marcus winning was enough of an upset to make it entertaining. It's still not the real thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted