1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's awesome.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Colicchio's obviously got a crush on Bilbo/Kevin.
    When he was 7, Mike V. was already cooking Kevin's food.

3. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

One of the greatest lines in Top Chef history came after they tasted Jen's food in the quick fire challenge.

Padma: "Welcome back."

So subtle, but said so much about her past few weeks.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

BTW, I was disappointed nobody actually made a tur-duck-en.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

After seeing Madden maul that turducken with his bare mitts, I couldn't eat for days.
    The mention of a turducken makes me slightly nauseous from the memory.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

No surprise in the final four. Four strongest chefs throughout the competition.

Was a little confused by the editing of this show. It seemed like they went back-and-forth on Eli, one minute saying his lamb was severely undercooked and the next praising his fantastic vision and technique. It was just weird because when they were all tasting everyone's food, Eli's seem to be the worst. Then then got to judge's table and started heaping all this praise at him for his vision.

Either way, I hope the dickhead brother (the one who cooks Kevin's food on his day off) gets ousted the next round. He's a dick. The other brother has confidence, but he's not condescending.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, but the younger one's hotter. :D

I hope it goes Kevin, older brother, younger brother, Jen in the finishing order. That being, Kevin wins.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Kevin seems so obvious at this point. I'm going with older brother, Kevin, brother, Jen.

But really, any of them would be great. Has there ever been a season when all the finalists were worthy? Usually there's someone we hate or seems unworthy.

I wonder if they did this particular challenge because the talent was so good. Hard to imagine any of the finalists from the last couple of seasons managing that ordeal.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Can you imagine Dave from season one doing that challenge? He would have probably spent the entire two hours crying.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mike V. used crayons to draw a picture of food when he was 3 years old, and that picture was what Kevin cooks.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, the lack of angst and true villains could really have made this season boring, but they've gotten something unexpectedly entertaining, to me: The genuine respect and friendship these people have developed.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree. I've found this season much more compelling, precisely because it has focused on the food as opposed to the drama. I feel like the past seasons got distracted by probing things like the headshaving incident. This feels like a throwback to season one, where outside of Dave vs. Tiffany the snake, the focus was on the cooking.

Draft saved Draft deleted