1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Totally agree, and what bothers me is the inconsistency with this issue. I've seen quotes from Tom Collichio saying contradictory things. I've seen him say that past performances do weigh into decisions and I've seen him say they try to judge the contestants solely on that challenge and that dish.

But I think subconsciously past performances definitely enter into the picture at some point.

I hate seeing great chefs go home because they had one bad week in seven.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I think Jen is in trouble this week if she doesn't get her act together. She reminds me of that Jennifer Aniston looking chef from a few years back that just blew it in the finale. She's lucky she didn't go this week and she knows it.

Part of me would definitely love to see Eli go before Robin. And yet another part of me would love to see one of the brothers go next week......they need their ego's put in check. I really can't stand either of them regardless of their skills. Totally rooting for Kevin.

The conversation at the dinner table was awesome. I love cable.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Is Kevin the oldest-looking 26-year-old anyone else has ever seen? The first time they put his age up, I was blown away. I was thinking mid-30s, easy.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yep, I've had the same thought all season.

Between the beard, the bald spot and his weight, he definitely looks older than 26. I've even been thinking that maybe somebody typoed that in the TV caption on him, or something...

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We had this discussion about Project Runway last year....some kind of point system that would give an advantage to those who are always at the top, so one bad week can't wreck everything.

At least on PR we can see the designs and make a visual judgment about success/failure. With food, who knows what the heck is on those plates?? We're completely at the mercy of the judges biases and production edting.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

7. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

I want to go on record as saying I like Marcel. But then again, I always thought John McEnroe was just misunderstood.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Did you see the reunion episode last night?

9. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Reunion show = very boring. Bring back the "live" action.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Carla looks a lot better with straight hair. Having said that, though, she still looks Tony Dungy in drag.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or a muppet.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Watched five minutes of it and deleted it.
    Who gives a crap about this stuff?
    Stick to the competition.

Draft saved Draft deleted