1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 19, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Tonight. So excited.

2. sostartled

sostartled Member

me too! but 10 is so late. they need to move it to 9.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It starts at 9:00 Eastern.

But the real answer to your general problem is to move to the Central Time Zone. It's great for TV watching.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Series seems to have peaked with the third season. Didn't much care for the last two seasons, though I can't really put my finger on it. Why not a season at New Orleans?

5. sostartled

sostartled Member

Booya! Very happy!

What's this central time zone you speak of?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

After the pure, pleasant viewing experience Top Chef Masters has been, I'm a little leary of Top Chef.
    Stupid, edited in drama.

On the other hand, Top Chef Masters has been a hoot and anyone want to wager on who wins tonight?
    I have a little bit of a man crush on Michael "Say my last name" C., but Hubert can cook and so can Bayless.
    In terms of pure cooking ability, Michael "chop some carrots" C., he's probably the weakest, but has the best TV sense. Bayless is a close second though.
    Last week's Masters show was the closest one has veered off into Top Chef bullshit.
    They brought back Spike, who can't cook, but has a really bad attitude, so he's perfect for Top Chef. Same goes for the Hung, or whatever that idiot Asian guy's name was, he's a better cook, but he's still an idiot.
    The blond-haired guy, who I always think is probably gay, was extra catty last week with the whole "his food looked like a 1987 wedding buffet" but he can cook, or at least act like he can.
    I always have a nagging feeling in the back of my head that if anyone of them could actually get it done in the kitchen, they'd be busy working at their restaurants and not scrounging for dimes by making a guest spot on the Top Chef family of shows.

That being said, I think Bayless wins.

7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I think Bayless or Hubert wins. Michael KEY-a-rello is an ass.

I've been tremendously disappointed with Hell's Kitchen this season and just hope and pray that TC doesn't head in that drama direction.

8. Agreed. It took me a while to get used to the Central Time Zone when I moved to Chicago, but it does give me better TV viewing time.

9. YankeeFan

It's great if you watch an east coast baseball team too.

10. Very true. BTW, I'm really liking this season already. Interesting twist with the money on the line in the quick fire challenge.

11. YankeeFan

This hotel isn't even in Vegas.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Didn't find TCLV very compelling last night. Don't like anyone right off the bat.

Draft saved Draft deleted