1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef DC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 4, 2010.

1. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

i wonder if Angelo was trying to tank to get Kenny tossed. Strategically it would have definitely been in his best interest to do so. But if he's such a cooking stud, why obsess about the competition.

I'd bet we'll see much more of Angelo's dickiness in coming weeks.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Having a hard time caring about this season.

Lots of negative vibes all around.

3. Colin Dunlap

Colin Dunlap Member

I went to high school with Kelly (Liken) in this show; very nice girl.
    Watched it for a little while last night. I guess I hope she wins....but it is tough to get into, I must admit.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The early rounds always seems a little blah, too hard to follow the characters, especially now that they seem to pushing a couple of obvious front-runners. And they need some new challenges....can't get excited about a picnic.

Also, no Eric Ripert this week! :(

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the location has a lot to do with whether I enjoy each season. I've been waiting for a New Orleans season, but instead got D.C. I care very little and know very little about the D.C. area. Plus, I don't get into politics, so all the "cook for the White House Interns" "Cook for First Lady Obama's school lunch initiative" challenges don't get me excited.

I'll keep watching, because I like the format and pacing of the show and I like to see what quickfires and challenges they come up with each week. But the last two episodes, I fast-forwarded through a lot of it.

6. Machine Head

How did the pasta end up undercooked?

7. StaggerLee

Because she kept waiting to put it in, even though Arnold kept telling her that she should start the pasta. She kept muttering about fresh pasta takes only a minute to cook. Well, guess it doesn't after all.

8. Machine Head

When she said at judging that she knew there was a problem with the pasta I wanted to hear from her what happened.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Man did she piss me off with that.

She's so fucking worried about overcooking the pasta that she ended up under cooking it.

What an idiot.

And the judges loved her partner's sauce. He got screwed.

10. StaggerLee

Oh I gotcha. Sorry. I thought maybe you had maybe walked out the room and missed the pasta incident.

Yeah, it sucked that they had to go home as a team. It probably would have been better to send one home from each team.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"Well, I had crabs, so it just brought back bad memories."

Wait, what?

Did you really just say that on TV?

12. Machine Head

What a tool. He's earned the 'Marcel' slot.

And sooner or later he will sabotage Tamesha.

Didn't like having them cook where they had to. Show me the creative process and skill. I don't see that in a fucking field.

Maybe it's just me. Someone else I talked to liked that part of the challenge.

Draft saved Draft deleted