1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef DC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dane Cook isn't funny. The fact that she said "sangwich" is kind of funny, except I think that's probably just how she says it.

You're a hard man, Buck, a hard man.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, Fife. I'm going to try to be less of a stonebreaker.

3. Moderator1

You're forgiven - if you fix me a sangwich.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd be glad to.
    Do you mind if it has about 165 grams of fat?

5. Moderator1

Only if you throw some fresh strawberries in there because that makes it more healthy

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Don't forget to use yogurt instead of mayo. Much healthier for your sangwich.

Good episode, plenty of drama early. Setting up rivalries and those who can and those who can't cook.

Clever challenges as well. That poor girl making the desert. She got hosed on her money, but she, again, turned out a dish that was grainy when it is supposed to be smooth.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I like when they put major money constraints on the chefs or make them cook with things like canned food. It's fun to watch them freak out.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They should give them a real challenge, make something with finger-nail clippings, thumb tacks and a jar of warm urine.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

If anything, this episode further showed that "eating healthy" isn't very much of an option for the majority of middle-to-low class Americans. Cooking "healthy" is expensive.

Good episode though. Would have rathered see Sherry-braised chicken girl go, but I have a feeling she'll stick around a while because one of the previews I saw showed her getting into a pretty intense fight with another chef.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Used to be Americans spent about 20% of income on food. Now it's about 5%. It's always been expensive to eat well - it's just much easier these days to eat inexpensively/poorly.

11. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

That's true. I know people who complain about never having any money to buy groceries, but they've got an iPhone, satellite TV, and other luxuries.

12. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Kenny may turn out to be talented, but he lost me quick when he pronounced himself "alpha male" in the first episode. He seems a wee bit paranoid too by thinking Angelo would purposely make a bad dish simply because he had immunity.

It certainly does appear that deserts, for the most part, are like one way tickets home. That even turned out to be the case with Stephan in the finale two seasons ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted