1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef DC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Toby was virtually unwatchable. TC Masters is actually unwatchable.

Very excited for TC DC.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TC: Masters has been pretty bad this year. I chalk it up to the lack of Rick Bayless. (His Frontera salsas are fan-frickin'-tastic, BTW. Check your local grocery.)

I've gotten the point that I only watch to see the British dude with bad hair making fun of James Oseland.

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

That John guy is beyond creepy.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bacon foam might be the only acceptable use of foam.

5. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

Obligatory sports content: Arnold Myint is a former competitive figure skater. He made nationals at least once in pairs.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Kinda looked like Tommy Lee.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We turned this on after the latest Nats disaster last night. As the world's biggest anti-reality guy, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I would have booted the guy who got booted just because of his hair.

The fact that Adam Dunn and Matt Capps are in a future episode will keep me tuning in.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I judge the show as a boob-off between Padma and Gail.
    Padma, who seems extra-large because of her recent pregnancy, wins this round.
    As for the food, ponytail guy was a James Beard guy, I thought he'd do better, but his food looked like junk and relying on store-bought pastry will always get you axed. That and making a dessert.
    Just dumb on his part.

It looks pretty clear to me that Angelo and Kenny will be finalists. They both can go.

9. highlander

highlander Member

What about contraceptive foam or beer foam?

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Retro comment: Top Chef Masters wasn't a destination show, but I thought it got better as things went along, and the final was actually reasonably entertaining.

On to DC: Some interesting people. Andrea's from Miami. Her newspaper interview in the paper yesterday yielded no clues -- as it should be and has to be obviously -- except "I had a great experience and made some good friends." I figured she was safe at least one week.

Angelo will be around a long time, obviously. Kenny, too, barring something dumb. They wasted no time establishing some clear favorites.

Tamesha, Lynne, Kelly and Ed seem like filler types based on the first show, but those things change. Maybe Stephen. He's in the "I can't tell" category with Tracey, Timothy, Tiffany, Jacqueline and Amanda...

I might be wrong about Kelly.

Amanda and to some extent Jacqueline are this season's "Hot Chef" factor from the women's side.

Aside from the Episode 1 telegraphs on the guys to beat, should be pretty open and entertaining.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The chefs weren't as likeable on Top Chef Masters this year. Both the winner and the fish guy from Vegas seemed awful.

I loved the wedding episode -- from the ill fitting dress on the implanted bride, to the ways that the judges looked down on the bride and groom, even making one of the dishes (duck?) which the bride specifically said she didn't want, it was great.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The loser's hair is a health hazard in 30 states, and a felony in 16 others. I could not have watched that guy in the kitchen for another week.

Nor do I want to see Padma and Gail's megaboobs galumping all over each other, blobbling for attention. Yuck. Put on a sweater or something.

Eric Ripert, on the other hand.....I have a crazy weakness for that hair.

Seems like a good group, really excited for the new season.

Draft saved Draft deleted