1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef DC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Jun 4, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

'You do not blow on food!'

Trying to sort of watch now....seems sort of frilly/silly, but the food is pretty.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I wanted to climb through my TV and get a chunk of Kevin's dessert. When the guy said, "We have a new national dessert," I knew it was over. Close and that was the tiebreaker. Yeah, Ed's turd on a plate with whipped whatever didn't do him any favors. I think he was the best chef on the show but Kevin hit the ninth-inning home run.

As I noted at the start, first reality series I've followed and I enjoyed it. Not sure, though, that I will do another.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I like to bake, so I was hoping I could get some tips from watching the new show, but they seem to show so little of the technique that I don't think that's going to happen.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I concur about Kevin's dessert. When I heard him say he was making a Singapore sling dessert, I thought: 'Cool idea.'
    When I saw him putting all the fresh fruit in there, I thought: 'I would like to try that.'

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That show was so fabulous Tim Gunn was probably cringing. I wasn't that impressed either; they were already playing up the house drama in the first freakin' episode.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

The bitchiness was intriguing, but I'm not a dessert guy, so I'm probably just going to drop by this show now and then, not be a regular.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

After one episode of Deserts, it looks like the producers made sure this season wasn't boring. Lots of conflicts shown in the preview for the season.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Andy Cohen declared Just Desserts the gayest show in Bravo history. This is, keep in mind, the network that had Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and, well, has Andy Cohen

9. Inky_Wretch

I'm scared that you watch his show.

10. dooley_womack1

Now, how would you know enough about the show to say that? Huh? Huh?

Seriously, tho, my wife has gotten into Bravo stuff lately, so I've had to watch a lot of it. At least I know what "dipping into the lady pool" means.

11. Inky_Wretch

Between Top Chefs and West Wing reruns, I see promos for his show about 1,872 times per week. Luckily, my wife has not started watching any of the Housewives. Or, if she does, it's on the downlow when I'm at the office or a game.

12. dooley_womack1

Draft saved Draft deleted