1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef All-Stars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by blacktitleist, Dec 2, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I doubt it's that long. I think most of those are every day, like the quickfire in the morning, elimination in the afternoon. I don't think it's every other day or anything.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think it varies from challenge to challenge. Sometimes they'll get X hours to prep in the TC kitchen, you'll see them at the apartment and then they'll serve the next day. But even if it's a quick timeframe, it's still got to take a couple, three weeks.

Not that I'm complaining. TC Just Desserts sucked, sucked, sucked. I'm glad the real thing is back.

3. imjustagirl

Yeah, I'd say probably three weeks to a month. Probably not two.

But hey, owners don't run restaurants. Executive chefs do. :D

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

With celebrity chefs, you're mostly right.

But I thought this was pretty cool. Grant Achatz owns Alinea, probably the best restaurant in the country. He's in the kitchen every night.

Michelin just awarded Alinea it's top score of three stars in their new guide. In order to attend the gala that Michelin threw, Achatz closed the restaurant for the night,.

5. imjustagirl

That is cool.

6. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Added bonus: Bordain is blogging about the eps: http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/season-8/blogs/anthony-bourdain/the-sorrows-of-gin

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's awesome.
    Bourdain is the best.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I've actually missed Marcel and his obsession with the use of foam. But I have missed one of his chief competitors from the season he was on, more -- Betty!! :)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought Just Desserts was damn entertaining. Perhaps desserts just aren't as amenable to warp-speed cooking demands as savories are. That would have been a helluva reunion show, if they would have had one. Without one, I get the feeling there won't be a season 2.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Bad challenge! Bad ending!!

12. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I never liked Padma, I think she is a terrible "hostess", but there was a Season 1 rerun on earlier today and I forgot how awful Billy Joel's ex-wife was.

Draft saved Draft deleted