1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Chef All-Stars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by blacktitleist, Dec 2, 2010.

1. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Loved the first ep. After seeing the previews for shows to come, it appears that things will be even more testy this season.

And Bourdain is a full-time judge. Awesomeness at its finest. Loved how he gave the business to Fabio last night, and his remark about Spike was hysterical.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had no idea this was even happening. I'm glad my DVR picked it up with my season pass or whatever for "Top Chef."

Watching it now. I'm just happy Tre's back. :)

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Bourdain is what this show has been missing. I thought Fabio was coming over the judges table to tear his throat out.

Great cast, should be fun.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anybody from D.C. on there? That's the only one I've seen.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Bourdain should have told Fabio:
    Humor and snark are what I'm here for. If you don't find my remarks constructive, tough sh*t.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yes - Angelo and Tiffany

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fabio is a very proud guy. He does not take being made fun of well.

But, I actually think that what he said to Bourdain was just about perfect.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I thought Fabio came across like a whingin, posturing idiot.
    Bourdain's role on the show is not to be instructive or constructive. Bourdain's hired to be entertaining, humorous and snarky.
    Fabio needs to grow up.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's Bourdain's role. But that doesn't mean Fabio has to like it.

I thought he was pretty diplomatic in telling him that under different circumstances there would be a different response from him.

10. TimmyP

TimmyP Member

I liked Fabio's reaction. He isn't some schmuck off the street brought in to be Bourdain's bitch, so he just said he understands what goes on at judges' table, but if it were a different situation, they would have a problem of a different nature on their hands. Just like Bourdain was free to say what he said, Fabio had the right to react.

I love seeing how the chefs' confidence level has grown since the show, and how they've matured and elevated their games. Especially someone like Spike.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, Fabio wouldn't have gotten that reaction from Bourdain if he'd not put out something that looked like I cooked it.

I understand the allure of the show and promoting yourself, but I'm shocked so many chefs who are running restaurants are able to take ... what, a month or two? ... off to film this show.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have missed Fabio.

Draft saved Draft deleted