1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 50 teenage/high school movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Nick Cage.
    Sean Penn.
    (If somebody's already answered this, I did not cheat).

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I was going to guess Phoebe Cates and Brian Backer.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thing is, 2B, you're looking upon that as a criticism of the movie. But that's exactly what makes this flick GREAT.

High school WAS a collection of cliques, with the most outlandish of each becoming the leader of that cliquie.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Like Anthony Michael Hall calling himself King of the Dipshits in Sixteen Candles.

5. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Wasn't that the whole point of the Breakfast Club? Here are these stereotypical high school types: the jock, the misfit, the prom queen, the criminal, the geek. That's how everyone sees them, but in their day of detention, they find common ground?

That's classic! LOL
    I loved it. Also, that's the greatest 80s song ever!

Oh, and I've seen 32 of the films. And I think 16 candles should definitely be higher and where's One Crazy Summer. (Although I really like Better Off Dead -- "I want my 2 dollars!"

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I only got it because I remembered one of those MTV/VH-1 shows that showed famous stars' first movie/TV/commercial spots and they showed Nicholas Cage in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

And hasn't Jennifer Jason Leigh been nominated as well?

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Hell, she should've been nominated for the pool house scene. ;)

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

If the MTV Awards existed back then, you know Damone would have won for "Fastest Orgasm."

(shut up peanut gallery!!!)

Draft saved Draft deleted