1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 50 teenage/high school movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Re: Top 50 teenage movies

One Crazy Summer really needs to be there.

And I was thinking that at least one of the installments from the Barely Legal series should have been on there.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

before i made mention of one crazy summer, i made sure say anything was on the list as well, since school is also out for summer in that one

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

High School is the highest I haven't seen as well...

Ferris Bueller should be higher...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

For those of you who haven't seen Brick, it just came out on DVD and is outstanding...

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Know what else should be somewhere on this list? American Beauty.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I've actually seen about 25 of them but my favorite on that list is at No. 19, The Last Picture Show...Cybill Shepard's debut...
    And I agree with shotty on American Beauty...maybe even Top 10 material

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, Mizzougrad's right. Fast Times At Ridgemont High is a fuckin' stud. Fast Times pretty much defined high school for my graduating class because it wasn't the one-day-in-detention that Breakfast Club was. Went to a mini-class reunion recently --- basically, pizza, beverages (some of us don't drink anymore?!? :eek: shocking!) and the Fast Times DVD. Awesome.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My agreement with shotty was more on the general quality of Breakfast Club, since, you know, Twoback was saying it was basically the shittiest movie on the list.

I've never seen Fast Times, have no desire to. Doesn't speak that much to me, since, you know, I was 6 when it came out.

9. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i thought brick was average, at best .... unrealistic and absurd

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Couple things...

- Mean Girls at #12? Way too high.

- Napoleon Dynamite is a "teenage movie?"

- Same thing with Boyz In The Hood. While it's not a prerequisite, I wasn't exactly LOL (sorry) during that film.

- Just to nitpick: I'd switch Fast Times and Breakfast Club. I agree with Mizzou on Ferris Bueller -- should be in the top eight.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Neither qualifies. The Outsiders had key cast members in their 20s, while then entire cast of St. Elmo's Fire was in their mid- to late-20s.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Numbers 1 & 2 came out when I was 14 & 17 ... proof again that I belong to the coolest generation of the last 60 years or so. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted