1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 5 actors/actresses who drive you crazy.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think she fronts a band.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I memorized that movie, and I was talking about it to a couple people who hadn't seen it this weekend.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I actually thought she was the woman who sings "I Kissed a Girl."

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've always thought she was really hot... I'm a little surprised she's not a bigger star yet.

5. Songbird

You should rent "Flakes" ... She's in it, and the premise is pretty cool.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

For the folks who want Will Ferrell hanged: Have you seen him in Stranger Than Fiction? I honestly think that might be his finest performance as an actor. It reminded me a lot of Adam Sandler in Punch-Drunk Love, mostly because, like Sandler, Ferrell was out of his normal element. There are a couple scenes in Stranger Than Fiction that I really didn't think Ferrell was capable of doing.

My favorite movie he's in -- not including cameos -- is Old School, but Stranger Than Fiction was very well done.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

You're right mikey, he actually acts in Stranger than Fiction, and it's pretty refreshing.

8. Songbird

He was outstanding in Stranger Than Fiction. I laughed pretty good when he was at the bus stop and yells at the voice. He tried not to be funny, and was really funny. Enjoyed that movie immensely.

Oh, and here's Zooey ...

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's like the only obvious funny part, which I really liked. I loved Sandler's performance in Punch-Drunk Love because it's just so unexpected. I felt the same way with Ferrell. In both movies, it's hard not to laugh at them because they're just funny people -- I think they are, at least; Jim Carrey, too, especially in The Majestic. But that's just not the tone of those movies.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Will Ferrell

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ferrell is in a bit of a slump. I haven't seen Stepbrothers yet, Semi-Pro was pretty lame, but had it's moments. I liked Stranger than Fiction.

I think Ferrell and Sandler are both trying to use the same formula and make low-risk films that aren't huge hits, but are still very profitable. I don't think Ferrell has gotten to the point where he's producing most of his own stuff like Sandler, but I'll bet he's not far off.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed "Don't Mess with the Zohan"

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I still haven't seen that one. I'll probably just buy Zohan when it comes out on DVD to add to complete my Sandler collection -- again.

Draft saved Draft deleted