1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 Worst Sports Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Rudy!? Really? Awful?

:eek: :eek:

2. "Dis is da most bootiful sight dese eyes have evah seen!"

Yeah, Rudy pretty much blew goats.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Best of the series? Not even close. Each movie got progressively worse than the last.

THIS was in Rocky IV:

[​IMG]

4. Deathrace 2000, anyone? Or is that one of those movies which was supposed to suck as a B-movie, so it ended up being really, really good? And Major League III should not be on this list. Not even the worst in the series.

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAULIE

6. Ok, Ok the robot totally sucked.
    But come on the training montage? Drago beating Apollo to death? The press conference "I'm the unsilent majority Big mouth!" ...
    Yes, Rocky IV was the best followed by III.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sir,

I hope that we do not ever meet in person, for now I must swear to be your eternal, mortal enemy.

Rick

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The Cutting Edge and For Love of the Game would like to step up as challengers.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wife loves The Cutting Edge - and its sequel. Absolute shite. As was Rudy.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Everybody's Hero.

Animated shit with an annoying kid who actually calls himself Yankee Irving. Said annoying kid goes on the road with a talking baseball to recover Babe Ruth's bat, which was stolen during the World Series. The kid somehow ends up pinch hitting and hitting a little league home run (as in a dribbler with a bunch of errors) to start the game-winning rally. I wish I could forget. I really do. Dumbest end to a movie I have EVER seen.

The whole thing was shit. My brother-in-law suggested this one as something we could take the kids to see. It was the second movie my daughter ever saw in the theater and I'm surprised it didn't turn her off movies forever.

For Love of the Game pisses me off for a whole different set of reasons. I have never felt more let down watching a movie, and this comes from a Star Wars geek who saw The Phantom Menace the week it opened.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Wife loves Rudy and the Cutting Edge.

I like that Mikey from Goonies is Rudy, and Locke from Lost is the dad in Cutting Edge.

Beyond that . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted