1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 Worst Sports Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Rocky V was a bag of shit. I loved I-IV for all their cheese and greatness, but V was horrible beyond belief. So horrible. Epic fail.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Rocky V is the winner, hands down, simply because of how much better VI was.

You want a bad sports movie, rent Semi-Pro. What a piece of shit film. Oh, and while we're at it, The Legend of Bagger Vance was shit, Any Given Sunday was shit and every Air Bud movie was a piece of shit but nothing in this category compares to that god-awful piece of steaming shit Two For The Money. What a waste of my life.

And while we're talking shit films, I'd love to go back in time and punch the directors of every Like Mike, Fast and the Furious (racing's a sport, right?) and Angels in the Outfield spinoff in the f**king face.

I'll end with some positives though. Space Jam was awesome when I was a kid, Major League is the shit and the Replacements is fun. That's it. Ta ta.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hackman is horrible.

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

One of the better posts I've seen on here in a while.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What, did we interrupt you guys' bingo meeting? How many times do you need to be told? Mr. Hackman had a conflict.

6. WHY DO YOU ALL HATE AMERICA?

7. Guys ... That was in Rocky IV.. the best of the series - and the best movie soundtrack evah!.

8. Field Of Dreams.
    Nothing is fucking close.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Rollerball was 'way ahead of its time.

How could they overlook such offal as Rudy and Fear Strikes Out?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

We both know a certain nine-year-old that would not agree with that.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Rocky IV is kind of overrated.

Everyone remembers how cool Drago was and forgets about the effing Robot.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rookie of the Year has some ridiculous cheesiness (the Cubs play the Mets in a one-game playoff for the right to go to the World Series? In the pre-wild card era?). But there were some great moments that reminded me of when I was a kid (Ooops! I dropped the ball. I dare ya to run)

Neccessary Roughness is good for a couple of laughs, and has Kathy Ireland in a shower scene. Not a great movie, but not horrible.

Uecker is absolutely hilarious in MLII. Not as good as the first ML (and why was Rene Russo only in just one scene?), but it was pretty funny.

A couple other films that belong on the list:

1. Karate Kid III. The Next Karate Kid is bad. But the utter crappyness that is KKIII is just plain awful. As Bill Simmons has described, a millionaire decides to devote valuable time to beat up a 19-year-old karate champion who spends most of his time hanging out with a 60-70-year-old man and who can't even keep a girlfriend.

2. Ready to Rumble. Yeah, it's a pro wrestling flick, so it may not neccesarily be considered a sports film. But the fact that WCW devoted hours of TV time to promote it, and made David Arquette their world champion puts it high on the list. And the movie sucked, too.

3. Safe at Home. A kid decides to tell his friends that he's buddies with Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle. Told to prove it, the kid hitchhikes to Florida for spring training, where he meets his idols. Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted