1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 Worst Sports Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Major League III is a top-five lock or the list is worthless. It's supposed to be a Triple-A team, yet they play on what looks like a shitty American Legion field with chain-link fences. I think they had to clear out by 2 p.m. because the Johansson family reserved it for their reunion's home run derby.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

This probably won't be popular, but I would put "Any Given Sunday" on that list. Worst? No, but trolling around the 20-23 mark, yes. There were a few good moments in that movie, but it was just fillmed like something the XFL threw up...

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yeah, that movie was weird.

But any movie with a naked SBTB star gets a pass.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I can only assume they refer to the inferior remake. The first one is a personal favorite.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You realize, of course, that that statement also covers "Saved by the Smell"?
    Gotta be careful with those proclamations, son.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

so noted ... ew

7. John

John Well-Known Member

They gave Wimbledon way, way too much credit. That was much worse than Rocky V.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Outing alert:

RickStain is Bill Simmons.

I actually thought Rocky V was OK. Enjoyed the fight at the end. Wasn't the embarrassing music video that IV was. V was an attempt to wrap up the series, and it fell short. IV was nothing more than dated 1980s cheese.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

"If Piotr can change, and I can change, maybe we can all change!"

Yeah, that was a steaming pile of shit. But you have to admit: Back when it came out, we all ate it up and went back for fourths. My wife saw the movie opening night with her aunt and says the entire theatre was standing and cheering during the climactic fight.

10. No Sandlot 2?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

End.of.thread.
    [​IMG]

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And yet I post.

--Bobby Deerfield
    --Everybody's All-American
    --Any of the Mighty Ducks movies
    --The Greatest
    --Personal Best (even with a naked Mariel Hemingway)

Draft saved Draft deleted