1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 Worst Sports Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Apr 6, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I was going to say they forgot this one:
    [​IMG]

and then I didn't even know this one existed:
    [​IMG]

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Did it? I don't remember. It's been years since I've seen those. I mean the first movie was nice, but after they just re-did the movie with new sports. It just got old.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They've seriously overrated "Driven," which may be the dumbest thing ever committed to film.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought he died in the sequel to "Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch". Air Bud, in an attempt to stay on top of the canine sports world, enlists the aid of BALCO. He pals around with Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco, there's some cute shots of him using his paws to shoot up.
    Then it all goes wrong. He bites the kid who's taken him in in a fit of roid rage, it's mistaken for rabies and they have to put him down Old Yeller style.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Top (bottom?) 5 at least.

There is a great movie to be made about Indy-car racing, but that's not it.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The fact that "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh" is not on the list renders the list completely irrelevant.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think they disqualified anything that can qualify as camp. Or co-stars Dr. J.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I never thought Rocky V was THAT bad. The worst in the series, but I've seen many worse movies in my life.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

II belongs on the list but III wasn't really that bad, compared to some of the schlock on the list.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Listen. This is important. Very important.

There was no Rocky V. It didn't happen.

Period.

(oh, and Space Jam?)

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Nobody saw it, but The Game of Their Lives was a steaming pile of shit. It was about the 1950 US soccer team win over England in the World Cup. Could've been great, but they paid no attention to the book it was based on and basically made the story up. Only the 1-0 scoreline remained.

Caddyshack 2 is not that bad. Randy Quaid does manage to squeeze some funny parts out of it.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There were some great, quotable lines in there that made it enjoyable for me. I'm certain I'm in the minority.

Draft saved Draft deleted