1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 vote...small changes...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Arkansas will NOT play in the BCS title game even if they win out. Too many teams to jump and too many dominoes they need to fall just right.

I think Arkansas will beat Florida for the SEC championship, but they will not jump the USC-Notre Dame winner to get second place and the right to play the Michigan-OSU winner. The Razorbacks will finish ahead of the West Virginia-Rutgers winner at the end.

The Hogs' best hope is to win out, for USC to beat ND, and for either Cal or UCLA to beat USC. That gets Arkansas to third in the BCS and second in the AP poll. Then if an OSU-Michigan rematch (yawn) is set, Arkansas may be able to hope for a split title.

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not trumpeting Notre Dame whatsoever. In theory, they'd have to beat USC at the Coliseum to get there. That's a mighty big "if." Florida's nonconference schedule is just awful, especially now that Florida State looks like it has mailed in the rest of the year. They seem to escape every week against the likes of a Tennessee team that is being exposed these days, Vandy, Georgia and South Carolina. Plus, arguably their best player, Marcus Thomas, was recently kicked off the team because he can't stay away from the Mary Jane. I guess I think that Arkansas is going to pound them.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He'd gone about as far as he could go.

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Plus: Arkansas 21, Vanderbilt 19
    Arkansas 24, Alabama 23, 2OT

The bottom line is that every single one-loss team has serious flaws.

I'd have half a mind just to let either Rutgers or Boise State have at it in a year like this.

Though if USC beats Notre Dame, they should probably get the opportunity to play the OSU-Michigan winner.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The coaches are idiots for basically ignoring Louisville's win over the Mountaineers 10 days ago.

If anything, it should be Rutgers 7th, Louisville 8th and West Virginia 12th.

Unfortunately, it's the team that loses last that's penalized the most.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've got a question and I didn't want to just start a new thread for it. But I'm having a debate with a friend (Grad student from Florida, ultimate SEC homer) over if Wisconsin is better than Auburn. Someone posted a page or two back that the Badgers are better and I agree. Auburn certainly isn't the team it was last year and really IMO an elite team like it has been. The Badgers smacked the Tigers around last season and Wisconsin looks like a hell of a lot better than last season.
    Anyone else agree or think I'm a tard?

Draft saved Draft deleted