1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 vote...small changes...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Nov 12, 2006.

1. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Jason:

Wisconsin's schedule is oh soooo soft. But Wisconsin is better than it was last season. Auburn isn't as good as it was last season.

Wisconsin beat the crap of Auburn last season and the margin would be worse if they met this season.

And for the record, Auburn's NC schedule isn't exactly a gauntlet. Wazzu is solid but Buffalo and Arkie State? UW at least played one of its NC games away from home. Auburn, it appears, did not.

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Hate to feed the ego, but actually, these rankings aren't atrocious. I'd say you got the top 5 pretty much right, for the first time. After that, it's kind of a crapshoot, as everyone's got flaws.
    But what I really don't get is all the love for Oklahoma. They've lost twice (I know, I know, you dispute the Oregon game, but, still...) and their best win is a one-pointer over Texas A&M. How's that a recipe for for a No. 8 ranking? Since projected head-to-head matchups seems to be your criteria, do you really think they'd beat Notre Dame or Auburn?
    Tastes a bit like Big 12 kool-aid to me.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

So let me get this straight: an unbeaten West Virginia or Louisville team deserved to play in the title game, but an unbeaten Rutgers team that beat both West Virginia and Louisville wouldn't deserve it? Since when was reputation supposed to be a factor?

If a 1-loss team plays Ohio State while a 12-0 Rutgers team plays elsewhere, the whole premise of the BCS is complete fucking shit.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Can't wait til Florida CEMENTS its spot in the national title game with a convincing victory over Western Carolina next week!!!!

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He's obsessed with Oklahoma. He wants a surrey with the fringe on top.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Arkansas doesn't make the title game, Douglas will so cause this site to crash.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, Whitlock does dance naked in his hotel room to show tunes.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jason, I'm not trying to diss. You might be the first voter I've ever heard produce a top 25 by lyzing the decision-making process in such a way. Most people go A, B, C ... D at the most, but you go through LMNOP and then reach your top 25. No offense.

9. coaches poll has west va. 7 and rutgers 8 and louisville 12.... but i'm an idiot.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, definitely hold up the voting coaches as an indication of how in tune YOU are.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You're not an idiot, Jason. People here are just having a little bit of fun with you. So, what if the Ohio State-Michigan game is just ugly, you know, 17-13, with like 6-7-8 turnovers and uninspired offense, etc? Would we all be clamoring for a rematch in Glendale? I think we need to ask that question. The only way there should be a rematch is if Saturday's game is epic like USC-Texas in last year's title game. Anything less than that ...

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Does the wind come sweepin' down the plain in Louisville?

Draft saved Draft deleted