1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 vote shakeup....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 14, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

yep, would bump them up to 18

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You miss me Matador? How sweet.

I'd say Michigan should be No.2 right now. I watched most of the WV game yesterday, and was, as always, impressed with their offense.

The defense is not good. They made good adjustments against the Orange in the second half, but Syracuse's lack of production in the second half was more a product of the offense shooting itself in the foot half the time. When they were executing in the first half, Patterson was finding receivers in acres of space all over the field.

As for Florida, their offensive line got outworked by the Tigers defense, leading to the safety and the blocked punt. When your front five doesn't show up in the second half, it's hard to accomplish anything no matter who's playing QB.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

LSU had every reason to think Arizona would be good when it scheduled a 2003 game in Tucson years before. Virginia Tech begged out of a 2004 game in Tiger Stadium, putting it off until 2007.

Could LSU's nonconference schedule be more demanding? Sure, but pollsters tell you every preseason why that would be a bad idea. Many rank teams based on the games they think they'll lose, citing a brutal road schedule or nonconference schedule, and even if you win those games, you don't get a poll adjustment after the fact to offset the built-in ceiling installed above you before the fact.

Also, I think -- just as in baseball -- SEC teams usually schedule light in nonconference because the conference games always figure to be the most demanding in the country. Look at the Top 25 today. If there were no conferences and you just looked at LSU's schedule or Auburn's schedule or Florida's schedule or Tennessee's schedule, you'd probably say, "Damn, tough schedule."

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

BCS Stands are out, and the computers love them some Auburn.....although everyone's way behind the top 3

5. Zeek

Zeek Member

Does the AP poll even count for anything these days? They give out some sort of trophy, right?

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'll add my weekly bitching.

Michigan should be No. 2 now, W. Va. 3. Doesn't matter though, because we'll either have an OU/W. Va. title game or a Michigan/W. Va title game.

Fuck that whole BCS shit.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the AP does give out a trophy, I know USC is very proud of the one it got from the 2003 season....

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And it's every bit as legit as the see-through football the Tostidos boys pass out.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Speaking of which, pass the tostidos, I'll grab you a beer.

10. KP

KP Active Member

The defense is good. Mobile here we come!!!!

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Michigan-Ohio State winner will face West Virginia-Louisville winner in the national championship game. It's all falling into place.

Although I'm guessing Louisville has to play Pitt at some point, and I know West Virginny does. The Panthers are good and getting better each week.

Just saying.

12. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

National Championship will be Ohio State-USC ... already not looking forward to that

Draft saved Draft deleted