1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 vote shakeup....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's a DyePack post I can get behind.

The only (decent) SEC programs that regularly play legit out of conference foes are Tennessee and Arkansas. Alabama and LSU used to, but don't anymore. Georgia, Auburn and Florida (aside from Florida State) rarely have.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Yeah but a poster last week already shot down the legitimacy of the future-schedule argument when I mentioned that WVU has Auburn (08-09), Michigan State (09-10) and Florida State (11-12) lined up in future schedules.

Speaking of, haven't heard from GB-70 in a few days ...

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Auburn has has home and homes with Syracuse and Georgia Tech and traveled to USC.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And in most years, Georgia-Colorado would be on the order of Michigan-Colorado in past years. This year, it was a down program facing a waaaay-down program.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

USC should be No. 5. Sure, they're undefeated but they are still really trying to find out a lot about what kind of team they'll be. No way ASU should have rallied from a 21-0 deficit to tie the game, but this USC team finally ran the ball when it mattered most to eke out that 28-21 win.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Very uncharacteristic effort from Jason. Everyone here is arguing with each other rather than dumping on his choices. What fun is that?
    Alas, I'm no exception. Aside from his continued love for West Virginia, and really, any voter ought to be allowed to rank undefeated teams in any order he chooses, I have no quarrels with Mr. Whitlock's ballot this week.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Junkie ... I was clearly drunker than I thought last night. This is an up year for the Big 10.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

also, florida plays florida state every year. yeah, florida state isn't from the north, so they suck.

(agreeing with you, missed the whole part about tech in your post -- these yankees always piss me off saying the tech game or florida-florida state game don't count because they 'have' to play them. yet they still do.)

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and georgia had scheduled a series with oregon state, and the beavers are pussies and backed out

http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/sports/colleges/university_of_georgia/15763288.htm

also from that story:

georgia had also scheduled a 2-for-1 deal with cincinnati (yeah, they're not good, but they are a bcs school), but when uc switched athletic directors, the bearcats backed out

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's normally enough for me to declare you dead to me, but I agree. It's embarrassing for any school from a BCS conference to lose to Ohio, and hell, no school who counts Ohio among the reasons it's undefeated deserves to be ranked. The Bobcats just aren't good.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wins against Florida A&M (51-10), Houston (14-13), North Carolina (27-7) and Florida International (35-0) ... tell us again why they're ranked this high. Would a close call next week against Duke change your mind even a little?

Draft saved Draft deleted