1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 vote shakeup....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I agree Mustain is better than Dick and Johnson but so are you and I. If Mustain starts against USC, there is no difference, SC pounds them.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I beg to differ. I think they stay within 30.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't hear any begging...

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So Whitlock has been sandbagging Louisville all year because of injuries. Yet Oklahoma gets to hang around at No. 17 even after losing Adrian Peterson? Another reason why its good to be Name Brand U.

Oh, and

Miami is awful

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Love this excuse. Ya know, sometimes it's the opponent which makes a team have a "bad day."

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Michigan also played without Manningham. That defense is pretty damn good. I don't trust Henne though ...

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would you say the same if they lost the BCS title game to defend a No. 1 ranking?

8. audreyld

audreyld Guest

You are my new favorite person. I see genius in you.

:)

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is why I-A football sucks balls ... it's all fucking anticlimactic. Someone from the Big 10 and someone from the Pac-10 will cruise to the BCS MNC game without having to play anyone. Any SEC team with a loss is discounted.

And I hate hearing about the SEC every week, but if you think USC or Ohio State would survive playing an SEC schedule, you're fucking insane.

Playoff, playoff, playoff. What we need, we will never get.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Michigan will find its comeuppance when Ball State sacks and pillages Ann Arbor in a few weeks.

Ball State football, you know you don't want any part of it, bitch.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm going to agree with you, especially this year. The Big 10 is very good this year.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

If the SEC teams would grow some balls and play Northern teams on their home fields in cold weather, then this comparison stuff would be a lot more reliable.

The bowl system and conference schedules don't allow that, which is convenient for the remedial offenses of the SEC.

Draft saved Draft deleted