1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 vote shakeup....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 14, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I guess you're right, slap.

Some won't be singing the same tune after Nov. 18.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Continuing to pile on ...

Lloyd Carr's teams -- even the national championship team -- have never dominated the scoreboard (which is why they're often in position to lose stupid games they have no business losing) no matter how dominant a team they are. The Maize and Blue can often be underachievers, record-wise, because of this tendency.

That said, this team is dominating its games right now. But the only one where the scoreboard reflected that was against Notre Dame. ... Just hope Iowa doesn't hang on, hang on, hang on, and then find a way to win. ... Michigan needs to learn a killer instinct. But then again, they've needed to learn that for the past 10 years.

But they're definitely a legit No. 2 team.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Isn't the SEC Championship Game on Nov. 18, the one pitting Arkansas against the SEC East champ? What does that have to do with Auburn? :)

4. three_bags_full

No, Alabama and Auburn play on Nov. 18.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh. Auburn should win that game.

6. three_bags_full

Most likely will.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Youre right. But if there are 2-3 undefeated teams (excluding Boise State), you can't put a once-defeated team in the mix for the top two spots

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Auburn had to sweat out a victory over South Carolina. Auburn isn't shit. Using your logic, I will argue that UF is better than Auburn. Auburn needed a blocked punt at home to win. UF is better. Go Go Go Gators.

As for Arkansas and Mustain, he threw for 63 yards in the big win. Sorry, he isn't a difference make yet.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Neither is Tebow, apparently

10. three_bags_full

Whatever. I lose. Ya'll win.

Out.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I am beginning to think the national title game will be a Texas-Ohio State rematch. No one in the B12 is going to stop Texas. I don't think that WVa or Louville is going to go unbeaten and if USC keeps playing with fire, someone will beat them. Texas has positioned itself as the top 1-loss team - the only loss came to the No. 1 team and they have crushed everyone since.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Mustain didn't have to throw. The Hogs ran 34 times in their last 36 plays. Total domination. He's still too young to be a huge difference-maker, but he's a big upgrade over Casey Dick and Robert Johnson. He can make plays with his arm, something the Hogs haven't had in years.

Draft saved Draft deleted