1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 and I predict no complaints!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 29, 2006.

1. I agree - BYU has been one of the toughest teams this year.

I will also add that I think Arkansas and Auburn will prove to be fraud teams not worthy of top 10 consideration.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

And when do you think they're gonna prove that? Arkansas has a couple of tough games left but they're both at home. I'll give you a maybe, but at a minimum, the Hogs are a top 20 team at the end of the year. And Auburn? They've got Georgia at home and at Alabama left. And they've beat two top five teams.

Louisville so far down is an absolute joke, especially with WVa that damn high.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jason: you should keep voting Miami at 25 no matter what. It'll be your rage against the machine, plus a shout-out to us working schmoes here at SJ, since soon you'd be the reason "Miami 1" shows up near the end of the also receiving votes portion of the poll.

4. J, you must be one helluva dart player.

Tennessee is four??!!! Holy crap. The Vols don't make it to the SEC title game.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Double, I think West Virginia's offense is possibly the best in the country. It's the other side of the ball that concerns me.

To me, it seems like the Mountaineers have to outscore people to win, and if they run into a defense with a front seven like Michigan, or who can match the Mountaineers speed like an Auburn or LSU it could give them trouble. I think that is why people are crying for Michigan over WVa.

I have seen WVa more than once, and love Slaton and White, but the way the defense played in the first half against Syracuse and against a weak Missisippi State gave me pause to think they could give Ohio State a run for their money. As you are, I'm looking forward to Thursday, just to see what happens. UL is a 2 pt fave on the opening line tonight.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

An SEC team should be No. 4. UT, Auburn, Arkansas or Florida -- take your pick. UT's as good as the other three. They've beaten Cal, Georgia, a decent Air Force team and a decent South Carolina team. They lost by a point to Florida. I'd tend to give the Vols the nod as well, since they went out and scheduled a tough non-conference opponent and won that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted