1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 25 and I predict no complaints!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 29, 2006.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Michigan is the country's true No. 2.

Manningham will return, and so will the offence.

Don't judge that offence in terms of yesterday's performance. The wind was swirling, and gusting. The rain was off and on, and the temperature was around 40 or less.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I won't go into insults to make my point, by I strongly agree that WVU's too high.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've got no issues with it other than Miami. Nice to see somebody realizing that Notre Dame is freaking overrated.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Some thoughts ...

--No complaints about West Virginia. Michigan hasn't impressed enough to make them a slam-dunk at No. 2.
    --Notre Dame is where it should be. Its profile compares more favorably to Boston College's than Tennessee's.
    --Miami I won't even bring up anymore because I know better by now.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Whitlock called this his Top 25 in his subject line. He threw in Miami at No. 26 (which, the last time I looked, is not in the Top 25) just to bait people. Oz is wise to just walk away. Not everyone will be (or was) able to.

(I got the joke, Big Sexy)

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn, I didn't even notice that anout the 'Canes until you mentioned it!

7. Thank you, JD....

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

USC is right where it should be after the loss. When they lose one or two more next month, that's when the drop will occur.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'd seriously like to know how many of you who continue to suck Michigan dick and crap on WVA have actually watched the Mountaineers play. They have two of the best offensively players in the entire country, and beat down almighty Georgia last year in the Sugar when everyone said the Dogs would win by three TDs. WVA is better than last year. If Louisville shuts them down this week, I'll eat my words and do it publically, but I really think they're a legit team.

Also, five ACC teams in the Top 25? Wow.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well, I feel dumb. Sorry Jason. I have no complaints then. Dammit I hate that.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I hate to say this as a Marshall fan, but WVU is good this season. I've seen them play about three or four games this year, and they're a legit top-5 team, and since they're unbeaten, I've no problem with them being No. 2. We'll see how good they are for real Friday, I guess.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The only problem I have is USC at No. 6 and Louisville at No. 11.

Draft saved Draft deleted