1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 20 pitchers of all time?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Forget about high enough. He didn't rank him AT ALL. Bastard.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't think anybody can rank the top 20 pitchers off all-time when they probably have been watching baseball for 30 years or so.
    But Nolan Ryan, despite some of his negative numbers, is one of the 20 best pitchers I ever saw.

And by the way, Ilmago, I've been watching baseball for 55 years and have no idea if Mordecai "Three-Fingers' Brown was better than Sandy Koufax, who is not on your list but as I mentioned on your other thread is the best pitcher I ever saw.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Because Ilmago didn't like that not enough people repsonded to his first inane thread.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Yankee dossier in this area appears not-inconsiderable, of course.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Homer Simpson: Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen per cent of all people know that.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ryan is an outstanding pitcher who is also terribly overrated. It was a travesty that he made the all-century team.

Draft saved Draft deleted