1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Worst Teams Ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Bucs were shut out 11 times in their first 26 games, and scored more than 20 points once in that span.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This is a mere cherry atop a lifetime of rotten Sundays.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

some (most) of the '80s clippers teams were atrcious.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You can make a legit case that the Lions could beat, and are possibly better than Cleveland, Seattle, St. Louis and maybe even Cincinatti. I'm not saying they are, but I am confident the Lions could beat all of those teams if given the opportunity. So I am not convinced they are the worst team of all time, let alone the worst NFL team this season.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Tell that to the Pittsburgh Pirates fans. :D

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I went to a Bucs' game during the streak -- against the Lions; only gift I asked for on my birthday was tickets so I could see them break the streak.
    Lions won, but it was like a Bucs home game. But yeah, this Lions team is worse -- the Bucs had one year to get ready, the Lions have been building this for years...

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

The 1995-96 London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League:

3-60-3, 179 goals for, 435 goals against

They finished 37 points out of fourth place in a five-team division, and were 75 points behind the first-place team.

Amazingly, they still reportedly averaged more 3,000 fans per game that year, in a 5,000-seat building.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I think buckdub just found a soulmate.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But there's nothing else to do in London...

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Mrs. PD's high school alma mater in Lower Alabama, a 1A school, went 3 full seasons and more than half of a fourth without winning a varsity basketball game. Not football, but basketball. Not an easy accomplishment.

Streak was snapped earlier this season in a Thanksgiving tournament.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The '73 Sixers are a weird case. They lost Billy Cunningham to the ABA the year they sucked. He came back two years later, they used that shit season to draft Doug Collins, then they lucked out and got Dr. J and George McGinnis from the ABA a few years later too.

Draft saved Draft deleted