1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Worst Teams Ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

One team I currently cover is 0-30 with me as the beat writer.

2. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Last year's Dolphins deserve at least an honorable mention for stinkiness... and any number of Duke football teams get consideration

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The 1976 Bucs are the worst team in major sports, and it ain't close.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

They would have beaten the 1976 Bucs by three touchdowns.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

The list is outstanding.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was too young to remember, but why did Seattle and Tampa switch conferences after that first year?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think the idea was so that each existing NFL would get to play each expansion team once. The Seahawks and Bucs didn't play a regular divisional schedule in 1976 and 1977, they played each conference team once and played each other the first two years to round out their 14-game schedule.

I think it was known ahead of time that Tampa would eventually go to the NFC and Seattle to the AFC, but I could be wrong on that.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Must have been genetics...

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

My brother's peewee soccer team went winless for two years and scored one goal.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Reminds me of my old high school's field hockey team. They went winless one season and scored only one goal the entire season. I think they went winless two or three consecutive seasons but I don't how much better they did on the scoring front.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Soccer: Teaching fail at an early age...

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The thing that strikes me from viewing that list is how remarkably fast some of those teams turned their fortunes around: the 01 Panthers were in the Super Bowl just a couple years later; the 03 Tigers were in the World Series in 06; the 76ers went from 9-73 record in 73 to the NBA finals in 77; and we've seen how the Pats have done since their hideous early 90s.

There may be hope for the Lions yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted