1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 basketball movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Mar 19, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I seriously do not understand how Hoosiers is not tops (or at least in the top two or three) of everyone's list.

Is everyone here from Dugger, Verdi or Terhune?

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Oolatic.

3. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Not having "He Got Game" on the list when some of this other crap is makes reading it a total waste of time.

4. False.
    "Stealer of my friend!" "Fake Wayne." When he is mad in her office and twists the twisty lamp. Going "cuck" into the walkie-talkies. The whole conversation about whether Jack Black has ever fantasized about a man (does that include a tall man?).
    It's no classic, but it has its moments.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Over. Kshh.

6. Yeah, I was debating how to spell that.
    According to the commentary, it was actually Steve Zahn who came up with that, but they gave it to Jack Black because his character is the dumber one.
    I also like when they are kidnapping her and Black is looking in the fridge and goes, "I think I see something. Oh wait, it's nothing. You keep looking up there, buddy, and I'll keep my eyes peeled down here."

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm laughing at the mention of that scene. I thought it was a good movie. Certainly not great, but I laughed my ass off.

8. Oolitic

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

The entire engagement party scene is hilarious...

"$50 for you, $200 for him"

and the Indian Neil Diamond is classsssssssic

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Loved the line after Wayne and D.J. were thrown out of the party. I have no idea if this is the proper spelling:

"Acumanahayaaa!"

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm just stunned Fenian a.) has seen Saving Silverman and b.) admitted to seeing Saving Silverman.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you're gonna include Teen Wolf, then Porky's II should be on the list.

These lists just proves that basketball doesn't translate well to film.

Draft saved Draft deleted