1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

too soon for christmas tree?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Growing up, our tree would be up in early December, but sometimes it would be undecorated for weeks. Dad worked a lot, mom was lazy.

And then it would stay up into February. Same deal.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Not worth the time or hassle. I'd have to have someone deliver it, have someone bring it in, have someone put it in a stand, hope my cats and dog wouldn't choke on the needles that inevitably fall off while I'm at work, have someone take it down, have someone carry it out to the street, do it all again next year.

No way in hell.

3. Our tree is typically cut and decorated the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think anytime past mid-November is too early. My wife is a holiday fanatic and we have three big trees every year.

It makes things fun. I am a converted humbug. I love this time of year.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Makes sense.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I am officially a Griswold. The reason my outside lights quit working yesterday is because I had too many strings linked together, and the little fuses in the plugs couldn't handle the load. I was on the ladder with a volt meter and new fuses today trying different combinations. I had to replace three fuses before I finally gave up on getting what I wanted to work. For the record, you can connect six strands of icicle lights together in any combination of series or parallel, but not seven. It blows a fuse every time.

Draft saved Draft deleted