1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Too brown for the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, you were saying...?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

CAPITAL LETTERS.

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Again, Let's put those two wars back on the 'emergency spending' list like POTUS 43 did and see how the spending looks. But that wouldn't fit the pre-conceived narrative, would it?

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Let's look at ObamaCare, an extremely unpopular piece of legislation that was passed using the WORST tactics Washingto has to offer, and look at the Stimulus bill, which failed miserably. That fits the narritive, wouldn't you say? I don't care if Obama is black, white or purple...those pieces of legislation were sure to fire up conservatives. But why not play the race card when you can? It's not like the race card has lost quite a bit of its power under this particular president, due to it being used constantly and in so many silly and pathetic ways.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

AHEM!!!....

[​IMG]

You were saying... ?

6. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Alas, the Tea Party sprung up long before "Obamacare."

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Look at the bottom left of your garbage graphic...it means nothing. The deficit is now over $13 trillion now, and was $9 trillion when he took office. Obama has piled up the debt like no one else in history.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Tea Party sprung up long before any of his initiatives really got cranking. If the Tea Party really was worried about where Obama would take government, it would have sprung up during the race, because Obama told everyone in every way he could that he was going to get a health-care plan passed. But no, the Teap sprung up in the wake of the shock many people had that America did indeed have a black president. I'd call the Teap the 1950s' last stand.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

And you are a typical liberal lying piece of shit. The left is full of racists. You included, probably.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

If you want to argue ObamaCare and stimulus, fine. We may not agree, but at least that's intellectually honest.

Any allusion to Obama and the largest deficit spending in history willfully ignores the costs associated with Irag a & Afghanistan and the previous admin's role in putting that cost in emergency spending. Moving those costs back onto the books where they belonged was the responsible thing to do, and seeing as neither war was started in 2009, it's not intellectually honest to speak about that part of the increase as if the costs just suddenly showed up on January 23, 2009.

And without those costs (and the Medicare Part D program), the spending of this current administration is not quite as onerous as it is made out to be--particularly when compared with the spending of prior administrations.

(I suppose I could have just posted that bar graph, but I had a little time to write.)

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ah, there's the ad hominem. I'd report to moderator, but I'm amused more than anything.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Dooley is racist and Stitch is a member of NAMBLA? YF is going to be pleading with you next to stop posting, Carlton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.