1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Too brown for the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like Albor Ruiz doesn't think Rubio is brown enough -- like he wasn't down for the struggle.

2. YankeeFan

I wonder who else the author has problems with:

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

From my understanding of the story, the rock with the word was already there when his father leased the property. Whether or not the word was covered immediately or not is up for debate. Perry claims it was, yet others say it wasn't, and only slightly painted over.

Here's the thing: They have money, why didn't the Perrys just have it removed?

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Anyone that equates a Tea Party member with a racist is ignorant and can pound it up their ass. Sick of your race-baiting bullshit.

5. YankeeFan

I must not have read the article as carefully as you.

You mean, the name pre-dated their involvement with the property, they only leased and not owned the property, and they covered up the name somewhere between 25 & 30 years ago?

Oh. Well, now I see why this could be a major issue.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This story has Karl Rove's fingerprints all over it.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sick of it because there's an element of truth to it? Don't make me hit Google images.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I defy you to provide examples of Tea Party endorsed racism. You can post a sign or two from a single nut somewhere (nothing nearly as bad as we saw at the Wisconsin rallies), but there is no such thing as Tea Party endorsed racism because the Tea Party is not a racist organization. Are there racists in the Tea Party? Of course...but there are racists in the Democratic Party, racists in the ACLU and racists in pretty much any organization. But to claim racism is one of the common bonds between Tea Party members is a lie. I am a Tea Party member. Are you saying I am racist? Again, provide me examples of Tea Party endorsed racism.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

How can you be a member of the Tea Party? What organization issues those membership cards.

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

It isn't a club with a membership card, like your NAMBLA membership.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sprung up like wildflowers upon the election of a black liberal Democratic president, not upon the white moderate/liberal Democratic president, or the white conservative Republican president who also spent like a sailor and expanded the powers of the federal government far more than the other two did or have.

HMMMMM

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

No one in HISTORY has deficit spent like Obama. That is what led to the Tea Party...the out-of-control spending, the jamming through of ObamaCare, the wasted stimulus money. You can keep on thinking his skin color had something to do with it, but I doubt you are that simplistic and stupid. Why knows, I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.