1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TONY's top 17 TV shows of 2015

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm so out of touch. Not only have I not seen most of them, I've never heard of most of them. And I have Netflix (but spend too much time chilling)

The 17 best TV shows of 2015
  2. SFIND

SFIND Active Member

Yes, same here Moddy (except for the too much time chilling part). I however consider being out of touch with most of pop culture a badge of honor.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've actually seen five or six of these. My TV time went way up last winter.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Orphan Black is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Crazy EX-Girlfriend is piled up on the DVR, but from what I've seen of it, it's good when not trying too hard to be "quirky."
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What we saw of Kimmy Schmidt was pretty good. Three episodes into Jessica Jones and we're hooked.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I watch way too much TV, so I've seen a good number of these and would say it's a pretty good list. I'd have Fargo No. 1 and Master of None No. 2. These season of Orphan Black and Hannibal didn't hold my attention like the previous seasons, but they aren't out of place on the list. BoJack Horseman might be low. That show turned into something unexpected and magnificent. I'd have Justified on the list somewhere.
  7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Oh, and that Kroll Show never makes any of these lists shows how few people were really paying attention. It was absolutely brilliant.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I've watched seasons 1 and 2 of The Americans, which is outstanding. I've seen three episodes of Hannibal and find it pretty much excruciating. And one episode of Fargo, which would be better if I had started watching in season 1. Never heard of most of the others.
  9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Mr. Robot. Extremely good writing, acting and cinematography. I know that last one sounds weird, but some of the shots in the show are so different and interesting.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Watched the first few episodes of 'Orphan Black' in season 1, but it didn't hold my interest.
    Same with 'Last Man on Earth,' although another person in my house still watches it.
    I've seen one episode of 'Mr. Robot' and was intrigued, but I'll have to go back and catch up via Netflix.
    I've never seen 'Fargo.'
    I've watched one or two episodes of 'Broad City' and thought it was genius. Gotta go back into it.
    I'm currently grinding through 'Jessica Jones' but I'm not sure why.
    'The Jinx' was fascinating.
    'The Americans' is the best show on TV.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've never seen a single episode of 'Mad Men.'
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Buck's Top 17 Most Meh Shows. Go!
Draft saved Draft deleted