1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Stewart rips NASCAR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by skippy05, Apr 25, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well put... steps on his dick...

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Choksondik

[​IMG]

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

October 30, 2006

HAMPTON, Ga. -- It was just a tiny piece of debris, but it played a major role in deciding two drivers' outcomes in the Bass Pro Shops 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

On Lap 290, a small piece of debris emerged from around the No. 7 Chevrolet of Robby Gordon, who was the first car a lap down. The resulting caution put Gordon back on the lead lap, and he rallied to finish 10th.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Roger DeBris?

[​IMG]

5. FIW:
    During the race, DW said during one of the cautions that if they (FOX) can see the debris, they would show it to viewers.
    They didn't show a whole lot of debris.
    Tony has a point. It dovetails with some points Bubbler (i think) made about the racesa a few months ago; about how cautions ruin the fuel mileage and pit strategy and bring most drivers back into the thick of the race.

6. skippy05

skippy05 Member

NASCAR's trained chimp, uh, I mean spokesman, speaks on the Stewart incident (translations in paranthesis):

NASCAR called Stewart's comments "very, very disappointing.''

"NASCAR has been running races since 1948 (and at least 20% of those races were run fairly), and we place the safety of the drivers at the top of the list (except when we started getting crazy money for our television deals, then ratings moved past that safety thing),'' said spokesman Jim Hunter. "We have more people and more resources than ever officiating our races (and it's been a real pain in the ass to get that many people to keep their mouths shut). The safety of the drivers is our first priority. It has always been that way and will continue to be that way (unless the cars are too spread out with 20 laps to go and our ratings have been down).

"There are thousands of talented race drivers out there who would consider it an honor to compete in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series (so Stewart needs to keep his ungrateful mouth shut and kiss our asses like everyone else does. Why can't he be like that nice boy, Jimmie Johnson?)."

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Precisely.

"Very, very disappointing"??

Can't wait for the backlash on Smoke. Think the France family will tolerate this for long?

8. lono

lono Active Member

Think Tony will be in the Talladega media center Friday morning? I'm thinking yes.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've always called it the Dusty Rhodes finish for a reason.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Skippy has Stewart pegged down to a tee and having covered Stewart myself, I don't like him personally one bit. I'm among the thousands of journalists who he's wanted a piece of.

But this is a quote for the ages.

"I can't understand how long the fans are going to let NASCAR treat them like they're stupid before the fans finally turn on NASCAR," he said.

Bravo Tony.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

tiny Bubbles?

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Solid post. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted