1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward incident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Then look better.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

We're doing it again whether you like it or not!

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Enjoy!

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I think we have irrefutable proof that there was a dumbass on the track. What more do you need? The rest is just details.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Not that he'd do it, and not that I'd suggest it beyond tongue-in-cheek, but Stewart ought to file a counter suit stating that Ward's actions, and the lawsuit by the family, has ruined Stewart's career. He hasn't run well since the incident.

murphyc and BDC99 like this.
  7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I saw the Ward family attorney's reaction to Stewart's response. Every time the Ward family says something, they make things way worse. At some point, does Stewart's legal team say "We have more than enough proof of both slander and libel, let's turn the tables on them?" I don't see how any jury when looking at the evidence would force Stewart to pay the family anything. The only way the Wards get money is to get Stewart to pay, either because he feels sorry for them or to make them go away. But the way they keep attacking him with ridiculous statements, I'd think he doesn't feel sorry enough to pay them anymore. If Stewart's legal team gets fed up, files a counter suit and wins, the Ward family will have no one to blame but themselves. Of course, they'll still blame everyone else since that is their well established pattern by now.

WriteThinking and expendable like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Stewart? Did Ward's family bankrupt him?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Victory, baby!!!!

10. Dick Whitman

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

This thread is a trip down memory lane.

Settlement took a little longer than I expected, but still expected.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"I'd like to thank my lawyers O'Finney and Johnson, put together a real good case for us, we were good enough to win, it's just one of those legal deals."

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted