1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Snow RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 12, 2008.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Cancer's a son of a bitch.

RIP.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Agree with all of the sentiments above. He struck me as an incredibly likeable person. To pass away like this is tragic.

3. healingman

healingman Guest

It is sad that Tony died so young. Now media types -- here's a general question. Will he receive the Tim Russert coverage treatment? I have no answer ... just putting this question out here.

I do feel sad for Tony's family and friends. He was a smart man who dealt with the big "C" with class and dignity. God bless and RIP.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Of course not.

His death --- while terrible --- has been expected for months. Russert's was a ton of bricks.

Snow was a good man and did his job well and was respected . . . but he was not beloved by both sides, since his last job was basically lying for one side. Sorry, but that's what a PS's job is. Frankly, Snow was better than that job.

He was not a broadcast network presence to the extent that Russert was.

Hope all the networks give him good treatment today and tomorrow. But don't expect it to last much longer than that.

5. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

That rocked me to hear that. Having just dealt with a cancer scare of my own (Docs found a tumor in my kidneys that -- fortunately -- wasn't cancerous), it just makes me feel sad and fortunate in the same breath. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried upon hearing the news.

Go easy Tony. At least the pain is over. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. I hope this is one thread where we can put politics to the side. Cancer doesn't give a damn if you're liberal or conservative.

6. Whenever I saw Snow on TV, I was reminded there really did used to be a day in this country in which people could disagree to a great degree on issues and still debate issues in good cheer and respect the other person at the end of the day. Sorry those days are gone and more sorry Tony's gone.

7. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Tony was a great person. He was genuine and kind. I'm saddened to hear this news. He could have played a key role in the future of this country.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

RIP to a man who was the epitome of class and grace.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I knew this was coming, but it's still a terrible thing.

RIP Tony.

10. Editude

Editude Active Member

His decency through this was uplifting. RIP.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Here's the FoxNews.com link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,381250,00.html

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Well, that was sure magnanimous. ::)

RIP, Tony.

Classy, likeable guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted