1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Snow RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Fox News is reporting he died this morning.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Only 53. Bright guy who did a heck of a job in an impossible role as press secretary.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy shit. That's awful.

RIP, Tony.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Whoa. That was quick. RIP.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sad news. I had a lot of respect for him. He was able to put forth the conservative message in a non-confrontational, concise, informed and straight-forward manner. Which I'm sure wasn't the easiest task coming in to the White House after the cows were out of the barn. He served our country well.
    I really felt bad for him when I'd hear he collapsed on a speaking gig in some remote spot of the country.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damn, damn, damn. Tony was one of the smartest and congenial guys around. I had a lot of respect for him as well, Dan. It would have been easy not to take the WH press gig and be hammered every day, but I don't think I seen any other guy who wasn't afraid to step into the fire, do his job, and have a sense of decency.

Thank you Tony.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Sad news, RIP.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Sad news. Tony Snow was one of the really good guys.

I always thought he was congenial, respectful and very intelligent -- and it came out whether he was hosting his Fox News show, guest-hosting for Rush Limbaugh or being the spokesperson for the president in a really difficult time to be the spokesperson for the president.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Can't say I liked his politics, but cancer is a horrible way to die.

RIP.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Seems I recall a story about Tony noting that he has on Rush's show challenged or criticized Bush and noted that in the discussions about taking on the PS job, and that Bush said he'd need and appreciate that, so to speak. Am I in the ballpark on that?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't really recall that. But Snow was a smart man who did that impossible job about as well as it could be done.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would have guessed much younger...

Still way too young...

RIP

Draft saved Draft deleted