1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony La Russa arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moondoggy, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tony owns a juris doctor degree, so I'm sure he'll figure it out.

But you know the saying: A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Your honor, with all due respect, my client has a long and celebrated history of being drunk on his own power. Didn't you read Men at Work?

Look, isn't it possible that Mr. LaRussa was simply closing his eyes at the stoplight, and attempting to visualize an at bat where he used four different relievers to pitch to Barry Bonds with no one on base and a three run lead in the eighth inning, with the left-handers throwing off-speed pitches for strikes, and the right handers trying to bust him high and tight with obvious balls?

This man is a genius, and frankly, the people who had to wait behind him at that stoplight for two successive light changes should feel honored that they got to see his genius up close. For free no less.

What matters is, Mr. LaRussa played the game of tipsy driving the right way. He waited for a stop light to fall asleep. He didn't showboat, or show up the police officer. He's too smart for that, and has too much integrity.

Did I mention how smart he is and how much integrity he has? In closing, I thank you.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

There is a prize for however can post mug shot first.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

That's a good lookin' mugshot. He looks rested, at least. Now what do I win?

5. Was he wearing the ballet school T-shirt?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

With that, I may begin to avoid any and all of 21's posts for fear of a repeat.

8. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

Very strange. There's no way you can be passed-out drunk with a .093. And I doubt Tony's a lightweight.

Maybe he's on medication or something.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Anybody who saw the Cardinals lose to the Red Sox in the 2004 World Series knows that this isn't the first time La Russa has fallen asleep at the wheel.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Ten bucks to the first guy who asks, "How're you doing?" at his first presser back.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

He's looking more and more like Lou Piniella every day...

[​IMG]

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Let's go pound that Budweiser.

Draft saved Draft deleted