1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Flood, Jun 7, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by, Tony.

Sorry, had to be done.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The radio show remains my choice of morning voices, whether there's much sports in it or not.

3. In Exile

In Exile Member

As much a columnist as he is a writer, which is to say he ain't. Not any more.

And as the old joke goes, "now that we know what you are, all we have to do is negotiate the price."

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more. LOVE the radio show.

5. When I lived in the D.C. area, I used to get up every morning, buy a cup of coffee, cigs and a Post and turn to the Sports section first to read Tony. And if we were really lucky he also had a column in the Style section that day. Fucking hilarious.

I like his radio show, what I've heard of it, and PTI was good when he was still on it on a regular basis. But he sucks on MNF and has just lost any of my respect with all his thin-skin bitching - telling his own newspaper not to print defamatory shit about him. Fuck him.

RIP a great columnist.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I used to really love his radio show. Everything I've heard since is all about American Idol or whatever other TV show he was watching. I couldn't take it anymore. And while the ratings were going up with him on Post Radio, overall his radio show is of almost little consequence in the ratings here. The station as a whole, which boasts one of the best signals in the country, is somewhere around 20th.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How's the new Kornheiser show?

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

He's better on PTI than he ever was as a columnist.
    And he was a terrific columnist.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear who's on his fantasy team next year!

10. I'm pretty sure he changed his deal with the Post at some point and is not really getting paid big columnist money anymore. He gets plenty for doing other things, of course.

I don't really care for the sidekicks on the new show. I miss Andy Polley.

11. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

It's usually bad when a good writer gets a TV gig and crosses over to pop culture. Then they turn into clown acts, and they feed on it and crank it up even more because big money is rolling in.

I loved Kornheiser as a writer. Funny and ascerbic wit, always entertaining and smart. He's probably good on radio, too. But he's turned into a total clown on TV.

So has Dan Le Batard.

This could be its own thread, but let's do it here: Who's a bigger ESPN clown, Kornheiser or Le Batard?

Watch them with the sound off. Then it's really clownish. Watch Jay Mariotti with the sound off, too. It's funny just to watch him throw his hands everywhere while talking so fast.

I watch those guys and wonder what aliens would think if they got near Planet Earth and dialed up the visuals.

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

The answer would be: Le Batard. But he pales in comparison with Mariotti.

Draft saved Draft deleted