1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Kornheiser Sucks on MNF

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bd11, Sep 19, 2006.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would hope so, but you never know, I guess.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Can't wait till our next monday night when we see Kornheiser suck again. Until then sugar plumps don't worry we only have 3 more days till the Saints play the Falcons. Just think about the nice runs Michael Vick will have until he blows out his knee all Joe Theisman style.

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I really don't want to think about Michael Vick having the runs, much less see it on television.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Miller had that great line in that opener in St. Louis, as the Rams flew downfield for another TD.

They don't need a football, they need a baton.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't blame TK for the fact Theeeeeesman's an epic asshole. So far, TK has been a
    pleasant surprise -- excepting the retarded fantasy references.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Nice job by SportsJournalists.commer TheBigLead by getting the restaurant surveillance video of TK eating.

7. cevans2476

cevans2476 New Member

I totally agree Tony Kornheiser has no buisness on MNF he just plain sucks out load. I have allways been a fan of MNF and they always seemed to have some half way quality announcers but with Tony in the booth it jsut sucks I hope they fire him soon.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Like dools, I enjoyed Dennis Miller in the press box. Just out there enough to work, I thought.

Now, as for Mr. Tony, I take no pleasure in saying this, because I'm a fan -- but that is an experiment which has NOT worked. And I think he realized it midway through and stopped bringing his A game. It's an irritating pairing, he and Theismann.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Another Miller quotable in that game: "The only F-word you'll hear out of me this year is 'Faulk.'"

Good stuff ...

10. tommyp

tommyp Member

That's the problem. Give Tony an analyst with a sense of humor, and I think he'd flourish.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hey Abbott said:
    He's not funny.
    He's not particularly well informed.
    He doesn't offer an interesting perspective.

And yet, giving him a painful to watch show like PTI makes him qualified in ESPN's judgment to be in the booth on Monday nights. It's ridiculous what has become of sports journalism on TV at times. I rank Kornheiser up there with the Sunday Fox pregame idiots.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Exactly. Theismann sucks. I say they should take out Theismann and add.....*drumroll*.....Norm Chad ;D .

Draft saved Draft deleted