1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Dungy: Michael Vick wants another chance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 13, 2009.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

You're just trying to keep a black man down, Starman. For shame.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I don't think i am going too far out on a limb when I say he'd be better than at least 1/3rd of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL on his first day back in pads.

And the point isn't that the league hasn't missed him, the point is he served his time, paid his debt to society -- unlike a lot of other criminals currently employed by that league -- and there is no reason a league that found it within itself to reinstate such fine upstanding citizens like Pac Man Jones and half the Bengals roster shouldn't give this guy another chance.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet you Vick would thrive under Jeff Fisher.

4. zagoshe

Yes, he'd learn how to be regarded as one of the greatest ever without ever accomplishing or winning anything......(sorry, had to but you knew that.....)

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Christ, he was the most overrated player in the NFL before he took three years off. He will never be a long-term starting QB in the NFL ever again. Never, never, never. He's done. Now I'm gonna sit back and let Zag type himself into knots.

6. zagoshe

The most overrated player in the NFL?

Give me a break.

What was his record as a starting quarterback?

And you are right - he may never become a long-term starting quarterback again -- which would mean, like I said, he is right about the same level as about 1/3rd of the starters in this league right now.

Shit, if he were just average, he'd jump into the top half.....

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fisher is 128-102, has won four division titles and one conference championship and has been employed longer with the same team than any current NFL coach. But yeah, he hasn't ever accomplished or won anything.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

[​IMG]

YOU SHUT UP, YOU CLUELESS IDIOT!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. zagoshe

Ah yes, I forgot,

A guy with a .557 winning percentage, 11 LESS wins in 23 MORE games coached, four LESS playoff appearances and two LESS division titles in two MORE seasons coached, one LESS Super Bowl Ring is a genius while the guy he's being compared to and has inferior numbers in every single category -- including playoff win percentage -- is the worst coach on the planet......

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did I say Fisher was a genius? Ever? Anywhere?

I'm just very sorry for you that Dungy is probably done and that we'll never get to enjoy January quite the same ever again.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Here ya go, zag. Looks like you need a new pair of these. The one's you're wearing are all ripped up.

[​IMG]

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Far be it from me to stop a good zag vs. the world fight, but I'm going to weigh in on Vick as a supporter of a very QB-needy team that wears the same color as the pants pallister posted. Here are my thoughts:

I don't want him. Fuck that. And it ain't because of his crimes, or because he's black (mentioned only because zag brought it up). It's not even because he's a very rich man's Tarvaris. It's because he's a dog-ass Hokie. I'd be just as pissed if Sean Glennon ever took a snap in anger.

Draft saved Draft deleted